Tuesday, March 5, 2013

A non-home related post for my 26th birthday

     This post is a little snapshot of my personal life. I work as a CCU nurse at night which is great for giving me enough time off in hand since I work three twelve hour shifts a week. The problem about working night shift though, and being a nurse alone, is that you develop a dysfunctional sleep pattern. I have once read that it shaves off 8 extra living years of your life as well. Often times, I think that extra few dollars I earn for staying on the dark side(night shift) is not worth it and that I would love to be normal again, but I have gotten too comfortable and enjoy the people I work with to really make a major move. With that said I've only had 12 hrs of sleep in the last 60 hours..
      Enough of that, I am now officially 26. Twenty five passed by quickly that it's just been a big blur. There has been a lot of changes after turning 25, but they definitely all have one thing in common, best adventure yet. My thoughts and views have changed and swayed more from being a complete advocate to loving the solitary life to being absolutely sold out to the idea of, "life's best moments are those shared with the ones you love." Although I see the joy I have gained from finding someone, I will forever hold my stand of the importance of being established and completely in love with being a self sufficient/independent woman before committing to any kind of relationship.
     Anyway, so much for all that life cheesiness.. Twenty five was an eventful year indeed. Aside from starting to seriously date my southern man Joe, and gaining a little mutt dog Bella, I went on many road trips. To name a few, I went to Pensacola beach, Dayton, Mississippi(to meet his fam), and New Orleans for a Caribbean cruise. But the biggest trip of my life yet is accomplishing my long time dream of exploring Europe on my own. It may not be for some, but this had been one of the biggest accomplishments in my life, yes the checked off the bucket list kind of thing.
     It's true, you value the most minute thing when you work extra hard for it. The days of working extra shifts are long over for me now. Nine months working 4 nights a week in the CCU was getting a little rough, but having a good amount of money saved up that held me over for the not-so cheap three week-European experience was worth all that hard work. 
     I intend to make separate posts for each of the places I have visited at some point. That is one of the many reasons why I started up a new blog, to share ideas and tips, and of course to have an outlet of the million other things that goes through my head. Also, I have had a few complaints about my Facebook updates that it is too much about food, home, and travel. Most would probably brush off the snide remarks people make but for me, since I do flood their status updates. I decided it would be more prudent to have my own space in the world of internet, hence my new blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment